Recipe courtesy of Kirsten Kubert of Comfortably Domestic on behalf of Milk Means More
Makes 6 Servings
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3 small limes)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 20 ounces boneless petite sirloin steak
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce hearts
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper rings
- 1/2 cup sweet yellow pepper rings
- 1 cup avocado chunks
- 1/4 cup thinly shaved red onion
To make dressing: In blender, combine yogurt, lime juice, milk, chives, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend on low until smooth consistency forms and chives are completely incorporated. Transfer dressing to jar with tight-fitting lid and refrigerate until serving.
Heat grill to medium.
To prepare steak: Combine kosher salt, black pepper and granulated garlic to create rub. Sprinkle half of seasoning mix over one side of steak, pressing it into meat. Repeat with remaining seasoning on opposite side of steak.
Grill steak over direct medium heat to desired level of doneness, approximately 4-5 minutes per side for medium pink center. Remove steak from grill and let rest 7-10 minutes on cutting board.
To make salad: Toss spinach and romaine on large platter. Scatter red and yellow peppers, avocado and onion over greens. Slice grilled sirloin thinly against grain. Arrange meat slices along center of salad.
Drizzle dressing over salad just prior to serving.