Life seems to move faster and faster, right?! And every day we all wear clothes. As my friend, colleague, and style maven mentor Brenda Kinsel says, Life seems to move faster and faster, right?! And every day we all wear clothes. As my friend, colleague, and style maven mentor Brenda Kinsel says, “We all have adventures in our clothes. We all take our clothes off at the end of the day. In the morning we start the process all over again. Getting dressed is an ordinary thing and it is an extraordinary thing.”
Follow these five tips to complete this necessary daily process with ease:
- Schedule time to do just that. Plan ahead by giving yourself the luxury of 10, 30, or 60 minutes, on the front end of your week, to plan your wardrobe.
- Consider your activities and dress goals for the upcoming week. Know the level and type of garments you need for the week. Do you need professional looks for five days this week, or a combination of three professional and two smart casual ensembles? Next, what is taking place in your evening and weekend activities? Will you need separate outfits for these activities and outings?
- Make sure the garments are ready for wear. Once your garments/outfits are selected, check them for stains and any minor repairs that, if let go, would spoil your look and stress you out as you attempt to make it out the door on the day of wear.
- Necessary changes. Make any changes now, while you have time, or re-think a change in garments to create your looks for the week.
- Complete your look. Select accessories, shoes, tote/handbag, and any special need in foundation wear, and as you did with your garments, confirm that these items are in good repair and ready to finish your look.
Kelly Duggan is an Image Consultant specializing in executive and personal image development, etiquette & communication skills. She is a certified member of the Association of Image Consultants International. Contact Kelly at: www.kellyduggan.com.