Makes 2 Servings
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, chopped, fat reserved
- 4 green onions, white parts only,
- sliced thin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 roasted red peppers, fresh or jarred
- 4 plum tomatoes, roasted, skins removed
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
To Make Bacon-Spaghetti Squash Fritter:
Place spaghetti squash in large bowl. Add bacon, green onions, eggs and cheese. Stir to combine. Add flour and mix until combined. Form into patties.
Heat large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat. Add fritters in batches and cook until well browned on both sides, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
To Make Romesco Sauce:
In food processorpulse roasted red peppers, plum tomatoes, almonds, garlic, sherry vinegar, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper to combine. Slowly add in olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour Romesco Sauce over Bacon-Spaghetti Squash Fritter before serving.
Courtesy of MCC