- 2 lbs. raw shrimp; tails removed
- 1 package smoked sausage (if your pack has 3 large links, only use 2)
- 6-8 red potatoes (cube into bite sized chunks)
- 16 ounce Velveeta cheese
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 quart half & half
- 2 cans whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (mild)
- 1 T. Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning
Boil cubed potatoes until tender & set aside.
In large soup pot, combine: Velveeta, cream cheese, butter and half & half. Cook over medium heat (stirring fairly constantly) until ingredients are melted into a creamy base. Add boiled potatoes to the soup base. Make sure smoked sausage is cooked through and dice into bite sized pieces; add to soup base. Add drained corn, creamed corn, Rotel tomatoes and creole seasoning. Cook over low heat for approximately 20 minutes.
Cut shrimp into bite size pieces and add to soup during the last 3-5 minutes of cooking.