Renowned makeup artist Erick Gerson shares his tips on how to infuse a touch of adventure into your makeup routine in five simple steps.
The Pantone color of 2018 is Ultra Violet, which looks perfect on every skin tone and with every eye color. If you prefer neutrals, Ultra Violet is a great color to start experimenting with. Follow these steps to recreate this look.
- After applying your moisturizer, add a hint of luminosity to your skin by mixing a few drops of liquid skin enhancer highlighter. A few drops are enough to give your skin the perfect glow.
- Use an eyeliner pencil in Ultra Violet to draw a line on top of your eyelashes, making sure it is slightly thicker toward the outer corner of your eye. Smudge with a Q-tip or small makeup brush, always smudging and blending out and up. Add a couple of coats of mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- Cream blushes look lovely on everyone, young or old, and add a healthy, natural look to the skin. Add a couple of dabs on the apples of your cheeks and blend out toward the top of your ear.
- Creme based products are a great place to start with contouring since they blend easily. Using a contouring and highlighting stick, apply to the contours of your face as shown in the picture. Then, blend toward your hairline sing a sponge or synthetic brush. To highlight, use the other side of the highlighting stick to apply a little bit under your eye. This will brighten up your eyes and face.
- Apply a bold, Ultra Violet lipstick by starting in the center of the lip and working to the outer corners of the mouth so you can create even lines on both sides of your mouth. Use a lip pencil to trace the lip line better or if your lipstick tends to bleed.
Erick Gerson is a makeup artist from Mexico. He specializes in Bridal Makeup and has won consecutive wedding makeup awards, appeared on TV shows and been published in magazine all over the world. He enjoys teaching making classes to other professional makeup artists and the everyday woman. To connect with him, visit erickmakeup.com or check out is Instagram @erickmaeup.