makes 12-14 cupcakes
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup passion fruit nectar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Wildflower honey, or other mild-flavored honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (4 oz.) – fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a liquid measure, combine passion fruit nectar and buttermilk; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Add honey; mix well. Add eggs one at a time.
Add half of the reserved dry ingredients to the butter mixture; mix on low until just combined. With mixer running on low, slowly add the passion fruit mixture. Add remaining dry ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full.
Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove to wire rack; cool. Frost with Honey Passion Fruit Whipped Cream (recipe below), if desired.
Honey Passion Fruit Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon – Wildflower honey, or other mild-flavored honey
- 2 Tablespoons – passion fruit nectar
In a mixing bowl, combine whipping cream, honey and passion fruit nectar. Beat until peaks form.