makes 12 servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 36 frozen tater tots
- 2 cups grated Jarlsberg Cheese, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds and veins removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- finely chopped parsley, for garnish
Heat oven to 425 F. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
Place three tater tots into each muffin cup and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and use small spoon or fork to gently press down on tater tots to form base and sides of each muffin.
Sprinkle 2 cups Jarlsberg cheese equally over tater tots and bake 10 minutes. Beat eggs in large bowl and add jalapeno, red pepper, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
Remove tater tots from oven and pour egg mixture into cups. Top evenly with remaining grated cheese and bake 10 minutes. Remove each muffin and allow to cool 5 minutes on cooling rack before garnishing with parsley and serving.