makes 3 dozen cookies
- Parchment paper
- 3 cups powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon 100% pure instant coffee granules or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Combine powdered sugar, baking cocoa, coffee granules and salt in large bowl. Stir in morsels. Add egg whites and vanilla extract; stir until combined.
Drop by level tablespoon 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until tops are cracked and shiny and edges are firm. Cool completely on baking sheets, then peel off of parchment paper. Dust with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
TIP: For Chocolate Fudge Coconut Crinkle Cookies, eliminate instant coffee and stir in 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut with the morsels.
Recipes Courtesy of Nestle